Dear Friends of Festival Mozaic,
I hope you have stayed safe and healthy during this unprecedented past year and are feeling optimistic as the vaccination process continues and the SLO County COVID outlook improves.
I know many of you look forward to the announcement of our summer season around this time of the year. We are excited to announce that Festival Mozaic will take place this year and we’ll share the details with you in early April.
This delay will allow us to see how public health policy progresses in the coming months and plan our events accordingly.
Since you are one of Festival Mozaic’s most important friends, I want to share an overview of what we’re now planning, in advance of the April announcement.
Our plan for the 2021 Summer Festival includes:
- A shorter 8-day festival, July 24 – 31
- A smaller number of your favorite musicians working together under strict health and safety protocols
- Indoor and outdoor venues that will ensure your health and safety
- Concerts performed live, twice per day, if permitted
- Concerts attended by smaller, socially-distanced, masked audiences
- Concerts will be live-streamed online, so you can enjoy them at home
This summer festival will be nimble, flexible, and even portable so that it will occur regardless of where we stand in terms of infection rates, immunization, and health and safety requirements.
Our Music Director, Scott Yoo, our outstanding Board of Directors, our remarkable musicians, and our dedicated staff and volunteers all are committed to making wonderful music for you this summer.
Thanks to each of you who have kept Festival Mozaic in your thoughts and have generously supported us through this time. We look forward to making music for you when we can safely be together again.